Pat's Been Baking...
Cold weather calls for something warm right out of the oven. Doesn't matter whether its a cake, pie or cookie. Enjoyed by itself or with a hot cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa...bliss. Here's your excuse to bake something delicious.
A giant Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookie is the perfect dessert. It's quick, easy to make and irresistibly delicious, especially when served with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. Its fragrant spices and melted chocolate chips make it perfect for fall and for post Thanksgiving when you may have some leftover pumpkin purée. Recipe inspiration credit ehow.
Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter,cubed
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Ginger Spiced Pat's Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius). Lightly grease a large 8-inch (20-centimetre) non-stick skillet. Cast iron is perfect. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt.
- Place the butter into a medium sized saucepan, set over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and pour the butter into a large mixing bowl. Add in the light brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla followed by the pumpkin pie filling or puree and whisk until smooth.
- Incorporate half of the dry ingredients into the bowl and whisk until just combined. Some dry flour pockets should remain.Add in the remaining dry ingredients, again, whisking until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and Pat's Granola until fully combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the dough into the prepared skillet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until just firm around the edges and beginning to turn golden brown all-over.
- A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool until just warm or at room temperature.
- When you're ready to serve, use a sharp knife to slice the cookie into evenly sized triangles. Serve with a generous scoop of vanilla or caramel ice cream and your desired toppings.
- This Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookie is best enjoyed warm on the day of making. It can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Need more excuses to bake? Try some of these recipes:
November is typically a very busy time for a small business like Pat's Granola. Our local partners are stocked with product and we encourage you, if possible, to visit them (listed below) to pick up Pat's Granola as well as the products or services they offer. If you're thinking of ordering items online, please order early to insure delivery. Appreciate you shopping with us!
Pat Bennett is the founder and President of Pat's Granola, a Cleveland based food and lifestyle company. Pat's Granola is sold online at www.patsgranola.com and is also available at selected Northeast Ohio businesses including:
Troubadour Coffee Roasters www.troubadourcoffeeroasters.com
Sports and Spine Physical Therapy www.sportspine.com
Locle Box www.loclebox.com
Made Cleveland www.madecleveland.com
Nature's Oasis Lakewood www.naturesoasis.com
Happy Cows Group Share Happy Cows Group Share
Sweet Bean Candies Sweet Bean Candies
The Corner at The Van Aken District The Corner at The Van Aken District (December 2021)
Pat's October 29 appearance on New Day Cleveland
Hear Pat's story on:
Pat's Granola would love your feedback.
Post a review to our profile.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published